Friday, March 12, 2010

Tallahassee!

Friday- whoo- hoo!!

Did anyone catch The Office last night?  When did Kathy Bates start being on the show?  And she's from Tallahassee? Wha-What?  You know, it's kind of funny because I don't ever remember knowing anything about Tallahassee before I moved here.  It's such a unique name... not like Athens (Ohio, Alabama, Tennessee, Pennsylvania, Michigan and Wisconsin) or Rome (Georgia, New York, Kentucky, Ohio).  When I was in elementary school we had something called "The Tallahassee Run" which was maybe a mile?  So when my life went to hell in a handcart during the Summer of 2002, I ended up following my syster to Tallahassee.  It was in LOST several times (Sawyer speaks of it disparagingly, Kate buys a bus ticket to Tallahassee and Locke's Dad is "The Man from Tallahassee.")  Tallahassee on The Office.  Whoot!!

Not much going on around here today.  The weather is still crap. Yesterday when I had to walk from the back parking lot to my office and my feet got soaked, I found myself regretting being so anti (I typically tend to be anti trendy things, which have included gladiator sandals, maxi dresses, tights under regular clothes for non-ballerinas, the revisit of the cut-off sweatshirt from Flash Dance and cowboy boots with shorts).  And while I have been trying to be better about it- actually considering a trend before writing it off, I hadn't gotten around to changing my ideas about rainboots.  Consequently, around the third puddle I stepped into and splashed my pants with reminded me that rainboots would have been really handy yesterday. 

Aside from that, there isn't much else to say.  I think I am going to be able to get some dissertation time in this afternoon (whoot!). 

No comments:

Post a Comment