Friday, March 5, 2010

Pukeville

So Dave caught whatever it was that Nico had with the stomach issues... its funny because I lay in bed this morning at about 6am- thinking about an article I read in a parenting magazine about getting your beast baby to sleep through the night in their own bed.  Nico was stirred several times this morning, waking me up to complain about being hungry, not being asleep, not having any covers, Dad and me taking up all the bed, etc.  I was thinking about how tired I was and that I felt like I was awake all night.  Dave stirred when his alarm went off and I asked how he felt (he felt pretty rotten when we went to bed last night). 

He said that he still felt terrible and that he had been up all night throwing up.  Wha-what?  How did I miss this?  If I really was awake all night as I claimed in my previous thought, then I should have heard him throwing up. 

So that sucks.  I took Nico to school today, only to take him home- because he already had 2 squishy diapers.  Half the teachers are out with this thing and all the babies have had it.  So it really sucks for Dave, because he has to be home with Nico today by himself.  So instead of lying on the couch drifting in and out of sleep while catching bits of 90210 Judge Judy Judge Brown SportsCenter, he has to take care of Nico... which isn't exactly a walk in the park. 

I have been looking forward to going to Orlando this weekend- but if Nico is still dealing with this stomach thing, I am wondering if it is a good idea. 

No comments:

Post a Comment