Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Beach Bum

Not much new to report.  Life is pretty boring around here. We go to work, we come home.  Sometimes I do data and stuff, sometimes I make dinner, sometimes I do housework, sometimes I go to the gym. 

Tonight, Dave is going to Judo.  Nico and I are going to head to campus to talk with one of my grad student friends who is going Malawi this summer.  I really wish I could go... but having a baby along for field work doesn't seem like fun (one of the other grad students had 14 month old with her... it looked hard). 

Otherwise, I am feeling kind of antsy.  I dont know why.  I just feel like I need to get out of Tallahassee for a while- like a three day weekend.  This is the first spring in a while where I haven't traveled a lot for soccer... usually by now, I have gone to Savannah once and Kissimmee once, with the possibility of going to Charleston or Baton Rouge over the summer... In fact, this is the first summer in three years that I will actually be in Tallahassee. 

We wouldn't have to go far- just to a beach somewhere... somewhere pretty and laid back.  Its hard though, because of the session and then, as soon as the session is over, BBUSC starts.  So we'd be looking at Memorial Day (soonest) and who wants to travel on Memorial Day?  Someplace where I can just lay on the beach and enjoy the view... hangout with Nico and Dave, eat seafood and take naps. 

2 comments:

  1. you'll be going to dallas soon. and then in may maybe we should meet in ocala again. also, there is the springtime festival in tally on march 27. go to http://www.springtimetallahassee.com and then there is the LeMoyne Chain of Parks Art Festival on 4/17-4/18. Check them out at: www.lemoyne.org.

    And why don't you get another 2 or 3 couples and do this for a weekend:
    www.vrbo/256499 or 63806 or 176625.

    ReplyDelete