Friday, February 26, 2010

Hug, Hug, Hug... tear.

We had our soccer banquet last night.  Wanna talk about surreal- I can't believe our freshmen are seniors.  That is so weird.  I remember their first game like it was yesterday.  I was a little nervous, because these things usually turn into sob fests.  I try my best to be sensible and tough with the girls most of the time.  Typically I dont get weepy on Senior night.  I tend to lose it over the last game of the season- which is understandable- because for most everyone, the last game of the season is a loss and represents the end of the dream that is the season.  But get me talking about these kids and how special they are- its hard to keep it together.  But we got through...

The parents got us this really cool clock.  It had an engraved message thanking us for the time that we've given to the program.  Get it?  Clock-time?  Very nice!!

Bonus: we came home with a Godiva gift set AND a cheesecake.

True story:  when JJ was here with us last summer, the McCuller's kids made us a cheesecake.  Now, not all of you have had the pleasure, but the McCullers' have some sort of secret recipe that makes their cheesecake irresistable (side note: I would go so far as to suggest that the secret ingrediant is crack, but the McCullers' kids are too good to put crack in cheesecake).  Between JJ, Dave and Me, we ate the whole thing in one day, standing up in the kitchen.  I would get into the fridge for some celery or some fruit and one thing led to another.  And so I would have little bite of cheesecake.  If you have three people doing that- it goes pretty quickly. Yeah... I said THREE people... you know, for someone who doesnt like sweets very much, Dave Royse sure does love their cheesecake.  In any case, I have threatened to cut him if he eats all of it... or all of the godiva.  <-- Oh. if only that weren't hyperbole!

So this cheesecake is pretty much amazing.  I had some for breakfast.  Plus a chocolate covered strawberry (from the Godiva giftset that Shay and the seniors got me us me.)  Is there still a nutritional advantage to fruit if its covered in chocolate?  Which leads me to this assertion:  life would be so much nicer if you could have chocolate and cheesecake every morning for breakfast. 

The other big news around here is that I appear to be sick.  I am actually kind of worried that its menengitis.  My neck hurts and I have had a bit of a headache... my throat feels like I gargled with a bleach-battery acid-lemon juice solution.  I am going to the doctor today- which is kind of anti-me.  I'd like to say that is a philosophical thing, but its mostly a lazy thing.  I would rather just go home and try to sleep it off.  Of course, the last time I did this, I got a sinus infection, bronchitis and pneumonia all at once.  So there is that.  And I also have a kid now... since I dont want him to catch whatever nastiness I am carrying around, I am headed to the doctor. 

Hope you all have a good weekend.

2 comments:

  1. Don't jump to the conclusion of meningitis -- perhaps just the start of strep. You never had any antibiotics while you lived at home, did you? Are you allergic to penicillin? JJ is, so be careful.

    Mama B's cure: sleep, movies, cheesecake, strawberries, foot rubs, and dinner ordered in. Repeat every 4 hours.

    ReplyDelete