Monday, February 15, 2010

Mmmmm... cupcakes.

So… it was kind of a crazy weekend. Dave ended up having to go to South Florida last minute on Saturday- so Nico and I were by ourselves for most of the weekend. We got a lot of stuff done on Saturday- JoAnns, a soccer game, got an exersaucer from our friend Julie, the post office (SUCK) the UPS place. It was pretty crazy.


Sunday we were off getting groceries when I got a call from Dave. About the 4Runner. Now let me get Tarentino on your for a minute and get you back to the fall. So Dave and I were driving to Galveston for the Southern Demographic Meeting. We were driving on the interstate in stop and go traffic when we heard a very audible THUNK coming from the car. Just once, as it was shifting up from 3rd to 4th. We heard it a couple more times on the trip (combined with the increasing difficulty to shift it into gear) and assumed that it was getting time for a transmission situation.

So we get back to Tallahassee and take it into the dealership. Who was completely unable to replicate the situation? Wha-what? So they sent us on our merry way. It’s still been difficult to shift, but I attributed it to the fact that its getting old (the car is 10 years old) and that it has over 150000 miles on it. But the dealership didn’t have anything to say about the tranny. Fast forward to a yesterday when Dave loses the ability to make it go on the Turnpike. Milkawhat? Yeah, while Dave was driving on the Turn-Pike. Suck. So I had to put the groceries away quickly, feed Nico, and turn around to head down to Leesburg to get Dave. The 4Runnr is at a transmission place down there and we are kicking it as a one-car family for the week.

So we got back last night around 930… pretty late for us. In addition to the fact that this little situation is likely to be costly (any time you lose the ability to drive your car whilst on the highway it’s never cheap), I didn’t get the chance to make Japanese inspired steak stir-fry, Key Lime Pie or chocolate pumpkin cupcakes (or in this case, chocolate sweet potato cupcakes). I know. It sounds gross. Apparently, according to one JD- you take a can of pumpkin (as in you know… pumpkin) combine it with a box of Devil’s Food and it makes the most healthy, delicious cupcakes ever. See, you don’t use eggs and oil… just pumpkin. It increases veggie count for the day, fiber and all that… and it’s delicious. I have in my head, making these beasts and frosting them with marshmallow fluff. Then I was going to bring one to work in one of my cupcake carriers (that I got from Santa a couple of years ago). Sadly, all I have today is stupid salad, stupid yogurt and stupid fruit bowl. Thanks a lot Toyota!

4 comments:

  1. I've done the pumpkin with the spice cake mix before... with a bit of cream cheese frosting for your calorie count. Superb.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A can of pumpkin or a can of pumpkin pie filling? And, home made marshmellows work with everything...no fat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yup, the canned pumpkin pie filling/spice cake/cream cheese frosting combo is delicious, but I make them into cookies and bake on a cookie sheet. Actually, I call them 'mukies' since they're like a muffin/cookie hybrid (they're posted on my food blog). Top those suckers with cinnamon for added effect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. pumpkin and carrot cake is good too. I like baking it in a bread pan so they are more moist.

    ReplyDelete