Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Bowling: EPIC FAIL.

So- I was asked to bowl last night, as part of a group from AHCA.  I hadn't bowled in 10 years (I think- wait... am I really old enough to say that I hadnt done something in 10 years?  WOW).  In any case- I thought, what the hell? 

Dave had offered to watch Nico, but I figured I would take him, because I really am trying to do as much stuff as possible with him- so I can still do stuff, but not feel like a bad mom because I dont spend any time with him.  I also wanted to see if I could add bowling to my list of activities I can do with Nico. 

Now there is a whole post that I could write dedicated to the rants I have about what are sports and what are not sports.  But briefly: every sport is an activity, but not every activitiy is a sport.  My criteria for judging whether or not something is a sport:  Do athletes break a sweat?  Do athletes get any sort of cardiovascular endurance benefit from playing the sport?  Can big fat guys with beer bellies drink beer and play sport?  Can a girl partake in the sport whilst wearing big dangly hoop earrings with her hair down?  By these questions, I have come to conclude that Curling:  may or may not be a sport- likely not though, because you dont break a sweat whilst curling.  Darts: Not a sport- dont break a sweat (besides- most often played under the influence of cheap beer).  Bowling: Not a sport.  You see how this goes. 

So, long story short, not only am I a terrible bowler while wearing Nico in his wrap, but I am a terrible bowler without being able to blame it on Nico.  One of my coworkers brought his 7 year old nephew to bowl with us.  The seven year old nephew got a higher score than me.  Really.  No joke.  FML. 

Of course, I was dealing with some impairments.  One, my crooked pinky finger doesnt lend itself easily to bowling (hard to hold the ball).  I also kind of hurt by middle and ringer fingers.  Plus, I hurt my left ankle.  And also, what is with the slippery floor?  I would rather just bowl with regular shoes on, thank you very much.  At least that way, I won't feel like I am going to fall down. 

Needless to say- if this was some sort of tryout- like an audtion for the new girl, I failed.  I dont think anyone will be asking me to join the bowling league.  Which is actually okay, because its not a real sport anyways. 

1 comment:

  1. who knew that being bad at bowling was genetic? and though i agree that bowling is probably not a sport...curling is definitely a sport (and a totally awesome one)!

    ReplyDelete