Tuesday, June 4, 2013

In Chicago

We've made it safely to Chicago.  We are still unpacking- hence the no updating.  Nico is loving the crap out of the city.  He likes riding the train (no surprise).  I have been working while Dave and Nico are at home.  This has resulted in this thing where they go do fun stuff without me.  Nico and I have a new thing where I tell them not to have fun without me.  Then at the end of the day, Nico reports on all the fun things they did.

Nico seems to like our new house.  I am so relieved to be past that shitty part... past living apart from my boys, past packing up, past unloading the truck.  Now we are slowly putting together our house.  I have a girl cave.  This is a place for all my craft stuff.  I want to make it a craft space+photography studio+home office space.  Dave says the weird little room in the basement isn't big enough.  I say challenge accepted!!


Our kitchen is tiny.  And apparently, I can't say no to kitchen devices.  Seriously, I just can't do it.  The result is that our painfully small kitchen is spilling out into the dining room.  So I took this island and made it a bar cart.  As soon as we get those plates off of there.   

Thursday I came home from work and scooped up Dave and Nico and went to a German place called Leshatt's Inn.  Was one of the best meals we've had in a long time.  Of course, it's not hard when you have a crazy beer selection.  Afterwards, we stopped for ice cream... which was completely off the chain.  Nico loved it of course.
I found out that four of my five favorite musical acts are touring this summer (Springsteen is touring, but it looks like mostly Europe for now:(  Counting Crows+Wallflowers and Goo Goo Dolls+Matchbox 20 will both be in Chicago this year.  I keep trying to convince my sister and mom to please come to Chicago so they can go with me.  To no avail. 

I think I might suffer from some type of mild manic depression, only with out the depression. Because I get on these whiriling, high energy "must do all the things now!" kicks.  The latest one has produced a new blog... that is separate from the Royse show.  It's more about crafty mccrafterson stuff.  

Basically I just want to blog organization+food+crafty+diy+photography+awesome+memes+chicago stuff for moms who ain't got time for that!!  Still trying to figure out a posting schedule.  But I am working on it.  Especially now that I have a girl cave.  


No comments:

Post a Comment