Friday, June 14, 2013

Nico in the K'Zoo...

On Wednesday, Dave took Nico to the Children's Museum.  Which is apparently, the best place on earth.  While there are things to learn there, the place is mostly for play.  Including this:

Doesn't that look like fun?  Can't wait for the cousins to visit... think they will love it!!

Yesterday Nico and I drove up to Kalamazoo to see Uncle Scott.  It's an easy, if somewhat boring drive.  Which is saying something, because I figure I have driven every inch of Florida's interstates, plus the turnpike.  Uncle Scott is having surgery today on his arm, which he broke in the car accident last week.  

Nico was a gem, except for a 2 minute meltdown he had when we left because he wanted to cuddle with me.  So, we swung by my grandparents old house on Lorraine Ave (literally a street away Scott's).  I sat in the back seat and cuddled the boy while a bunch of nosy-body neighbors wondered what the hell was going on.   

To me, this is a very "Michigan" house.  I can't even explain why.  

We had to stop three times on the way home so Nico could pee.  Including once in a traffic jam.  We pulled onto the left shoulder.  Nico totally peed outside... with lots of slow traffic driving by.  As we were getting back in the car, a tow truck pulled in front of us.  And then I had to explain what we were doing there.  Apparently, Chicago drivers take disabled vehicles seriously, because a bunch had apparently called to report a disabled vehicle on the shoulder of the westbound Edens.  See what I did there?  I just referred to 94 as the Edens.  In the 2 months I have been here, I have listened to the weather report on WBEZ and have had NO IDEA what was going on.  But apparently it's like this: The Edens=I-94, The Stevenson=I-55, The Kennedy=I-90, The Drive=Lakeshore Drive.  Yeah, I am really figuring things out.  

No comments:

Post a Comment