Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Ice Cream

So, one of the best things about the new place is it's proximity to a Dunkin Donuts/Baskin Robins.  When I got home from work yesterday, Nico and I sent Dave to do some work at a coffee shop and we did some stuff around the house.  I tried to put the bed together- but failed because we are, apparently, missing a piece (don't ask me how).  Then we had some dinner and walked to get ice cream.  Isn't that awesome!!

I have biked to work two days this week.  It's a nice ride... about 12.5-13 miles round trip.  Overwhelming though, because I see all these places where I want to go... this bar...this restaurant... this book store.  Its hard to keep my bike going.  It's weird because I used to be so gunshy about riding my bike.  I would go out of my way to stay on bike paths.  And often I would end up lost.  I've finally just said, "to hell with it!" and just got out there with the cars.  I fully expect to get tagged some day... but since I am riding on crowded city streets,  I am banking on the offending driver only going about 20-30 mph when they hit me.  And since I am wearing a helmet, I think I will be okay.  I mean, obviously, it would hurt, which is why I am careful- defensive. When I have questions about other drivers being aware of me- I just hop off my bike and wait for them to go by.  No big deal.  

It's cool. 

I also finished my work for the College of Medicine this weekend.  I had been working half time for the grant since I left in April... helping with presentations and posters and such.  Yesterday was the big annual meeting and I helped pull together the figures for it.  It was a bit unceremonious of an end for me.  The person who took over my position seemed grateful for my help, but my old boss seemed a bit ambivalent about my contribution.  Oh well.  Consider that a life lesson learned.  

All for now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment