Thursday, April 19, 2012

You never let me have any fun...

So... mine and Nico's relationship is built around a lot of routine.  We have these "things".  Like, when I ask him if knows how much I love him, his answer is "1,2,3, dot, dot, dot."  Or when I tell him "I love you so much!"  One of the things I do whenever I take his clothes off of him (for the bath or to change or whatever), I pull his shirt almost all the way off his head but I leave it on, so it looks likes like long hair.  Then exclaim, "Green Hair!  Green Hair!!  It's my favorite!!  Green Hair!"  (if his shirt is green, "blue hair" if he is wearing a blue shirt).  It's silly.  He always takes the shirt off, looking at me like I am a moron.  He never leaves it on, he always takes it off.  To which I reply, "You never let me have any fun!"

Sometimes I will start with one of our games like, "You don't want to get hit by a ______________".  Where in, we go back and forth saying what we don't want to get hit by... like, "You don't want to get hit by garbage truck."  When he isn't interested in playing he'll say, "I don't wanna play that game!"

So we are at the grocery this week and he was trying to bite my fingers.  I dont know what it was all about, but, it was kinda annoying.  And he is definitely at the age where he thinks its funny to KEEP doing things that I tell him to stop doing.  In any case, I told him, "I don't wanna play that game."  He looked at me and said, "You never let me have any fun!"  My own words being used against me... I guess this is only the beginning of that phenomenon.

In any case, we are really looking forward to the trip to Louisville next week.  We're driving, so this week, I am going to be working on getting us packed and making sure we are taking along plenty to do in the car.  One of my favorite memories as kid was the vacations we'd take to Michigan, where we drove.  We'd pack a cooler full of snacks and drinks and we'd have a fresh batch of library books and some new art supplies.  I plan to do the same thing with Nico. Plus, I have an ipad now, so we can also put some videos on it for cheap.  Amazon has whole seasons of Sesame street.  I think its time that we got him hooked on that...

All for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment