Monday, April 9, 2012

Easter!!

So Easter was really fun!!  I would say probably the funnest yet.

Saturday morning, I went to train Shelby in Woodville and Dave and Nico went to the gym.  They managed a swim after and it became apparent that we are going to need to get Nico into swimming lessons this summer.  He is like a fish!!  When they got home, I helped get Nico down for a nap before heading back down to the county to shoot pictures of one of our seniors (Kristine).  Will post some later today.

Saturday night when we got back, we went out to dinner, which was really good, even if Nico did chuck my $400 dollar phone across the resturant.  Luckily, no one was hurt (neither was my phone, why?  Because I keep it in a case).  When we got home, dyed eggs. I didnt make the mistake last year of having a bunch of hard boiled eggs (because in the end, I usually end up having to eat them all by myself).  So we had 10 eggs this year and dyed them.

The Easter Bunny came and hid the eggs all around the house.  Nico is getting pretty clever, he found most of them.  Nico and I have been working in the garden a lot lately, and almost every day results in Nico's shoes and socks ending up wet and muddy.  Dave mentioned it the other day and so the Easter Bunny brought Nico a pair of work boots (with which to work in the garden). Along with a kid-sized rake and shovel.


Yes, that is my son out in the yard raking in boots, a soccer jersey, garden gloves and no pants.  That is just how we roll!!

The EB also brought me some cheater fabric (to make into a dress that I might just wear to a wedding next month) and some beads.  He brought Dave some shorts and other stuff.  We hung out at the house doing chores on Sunday till the Easter Egg hunt at Myers Park.  Apparently, it is quite the to-do because two of Dave's coworkers cautioned him about taking Nico up there.  Myers Park is about equidistant from our house and downtown and is the closest park for several neighborhoods of questionable quality on the southside.  While it wasn't too bad for the little kids (aged 1-2), I can see how easily it could become a cross between Mad Max: Beyond Thunderdome and Lord of the Flies for bigger kids.

We saw several of Nico's classmates, which was great.  In the end, he got several eggs and managed to not throw a rock on anyone and didnt hurt any babies on accidentally.  I got some really adorable pictures of him during the egg hunt- which I will post later tonight.  We walked home and en route, Nico fell asleep on my shoulders.  We napped for a bit when we got home and then went to get groceries.  It was a really great weekend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment