Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Boca Juniors and River Platte

So we had a great weekend.  Saturday morning, I woke up early and ran the Springtime Tallahassee 5K.  Yeah, it was pretty sucktastic.  On the upside, I finished only 30 seconds after Kelly the Baller.  WHAT? You say?  Jessi Bishop-Royse, you must have been booking it!!  How fast WERE you running?  OMG!!  That is amazing!!  But then I tell you that Kelly ran the 10K.  And I only ran the 5K.  Definitely FML territory.

After the race, I headed home.  The weather was weird.  Dave had his online nerd get together fantasy baseball draft, so Nico and I headed to the craft store to get some supplies.  I realized that I am not well-prepared for rainy days at the house, because I don't have any good supplies to entertain Nico.

We got a bird house for Nico to paint:


Yes, he chose the color of the paint himself.  Yes, it is pink.  Insert debate on gender and society here.  After wards as we were having lunch there was this:

I dont really know what it is that he is doing.  Although I offer this as proof to anyone who wants to know why parents of toddlers and small children are always so tired.

After nap and Dave's nerdfest baseball draft we went to the Springtime festival.  We got there pretty late, so they were basically shutting the place down, so we didnt stay long.

We swung by PoBoys and got dinner and headed home to watch U of L play Kentucky in the semi-finals.  Sunday was pretty fun.  I got to sleep in while Dave and Nico made some breakfast.

Then we went to the Sand Festival (which ended up being pretty lame).  Then Dave and Nico went swimming and I ran some errands (BORING!!)  When Nico woke up from his nap we all went to the soccer field, where Dave and I played soccer and our babysitter played with Nico.  He played baseball and soccer for two straight hours.  He was straight wore out when we got home.

After dinner last night, Dave and Nico played some soccer in the front yard.  Our good friends Mike and Mary Jo just got back from visiting their eldest son in Argentina (he is in a study abroad program).  They brought Nico two jerseys from the Argentina league (Boca Juniors and River Plate).  BJ and RP are the two main clubs in Argentina.  A lot like Man United and Chelsea.  Or Liverpool and Arsenal.  Or Boston Red Sox and NY Yankees.  Nico is wearing his Boca Juniors jersey here:


He doesnt usually play with a small ball... mostly because we have so many more full-sized balls.  So, its funny!

No comments:

Post a Comment