Thursday, April 5, 2012

Bracing his legs...

One of my favorite things that Nico is doing lately is saying, "I love you so much."  He doesnt always say it, and I am not sure he even knows what it means.  But he says it like I do, with the emphasis the same way I say it.  He usually says it when he snuggles up close to me for something, like if we are on the couch watching TV or I am holding him before bed.  It's pretty much the best thing EVER.

A couple of weeks ago, he started going through a weird clingy phase.  I was trying to work out a lot at the gym, so we'd go after work and he'd hang out in the kids room.  And he was staying with the sitter a couple nights a week, so I thought that might be what his malfunction was.  So we tried to cut down on the stuff that we do after work... and since it is staying light for later, this means we work in the garden almost every night.

He has a book about trucks that has a photo of firemen putting out a fire. He asked what they were doing with their legs and I told him that they were bracing their feet and legs, so they could hold onto the fire hose.  So now whenever we water the garden, Nico braces his legs:

We have another big weekend coming up.  Since no one wants to do a festival during football season, and its too bloody hot to do one during the summer, everyone and their mom does a festival in the Spring.

Can I share with you how much I am looking forward to Easter?  As we all know, it is one of my favorite holidays.  :)

1 comment:

  1. oooh...firetrucks is a really fun stage. You should take him to a fire department...he would love it!

    ReplyDelete