Monday, April 16, 2012

Circus Fail

This weekend was a blast!!

It started a 5K that I ran on Saturday.  In case you were wondering, no, I still don't love running.  But signing up for the race got me running it on Saturday.  The race was the Palace Saloon 5K.  It ends at a bar.  But alas, the line for beer was too long.  I had a sad.  But then Nico requested to have breakfast at Golden Corral for their star-shaped donuts.  Oh yes, really.  Star shaped donuts.  I was glad because I was really hungry.  I also remembered why America is so fat.  There is something either seriously wrong or seriously right about a country where you can get a full desert bar at 9 in the morning, complete with a chocolate fountain.  In any case, I shared a cupcake with Nico.  At breakfast.  That is how we roll.

After breakfast we went to Lake Ella to feed the geese... part of a cupcake.  I know, we are terrible.


Then Dave and Nico went to the gym and swimming.  Weirdly, Nico was asleep when they got home.  This ended in a nap for me.  When Nico woke up, he came and hopped into bed with me and we snuggled until we fell asleep again.  When we woke up at 7pm.  7pm!!  7pm!! We had to hurry to get to the Circus.  For those who don't know, but FSU has one of only 2 collegiate circus programs in the country.  One of Nico's teachers at preschool is  in the circus program, so we really wanted to see it.

Unfortunately, we didnt get there in time for tickets.  It was the last show, so they were booked solid.  Nico was a bit disappointed, so I suggested we go to the Fun Station, so he could do the car-racing arcade games.  Let me just say this, it was like we were in the Arena in the Capitol (in the Hunger Games).  The only thing that didnt happen is that there was no actual killing... but it was pretty crazy.  In any case, Nico wasnt so much a fan and Dave and I tired quickly of restraining ourselves from kicking some teenage a$$, so we left. YIKES.



Sunday we hung around the house for most of the morning, doing chores. Nico and I popped out for a bit to the park where we made a new friend named Charlie, who was helping him learn some tricks.  It was pretty funny!

After nap on Sunday, we headed to the soccer field, where Dave and I had a coed game.  It was a pretty great time.  This coming weekend, Dave is going to a bachelor weekend party down in Tampa.  So far, Nico and I are planning on going to a FSU baseball game.  I think it will be lots of fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment