Tuesday, May 3, 2011

The Weekend

The weekend... is never long enough.

We had a pretty good weekend around here. Saturday morning, I went to campus where I worked on a paper and cleaned up my office- in preparation for MASSIVE productivity in the next month (trying to bang out a paper). While I was there, Dave and Nico went to the pet store to get some wet dog food for the boys and some treats. Nico loves going to the pet store- where there are birds and fish and people even bring their dogs. Speaking of fish... am contemplating getting a fish tank for Nico's room (a small one).

His bed time routine is changing a little and I think he is outgrowing being rocked to sleep. Am wondering if he'd be easier going to bed if there was a fish tank with a small light somewhere he could see it. Of course, it would have to be EXTREMELY low maintainence. Cause I can barely keep his room clean as it is...

Saturday afternoon, we went up to the Sears in Thomasville where we bought a king sized mattress. We know a guy. It was a pretty good deal... gotta order the box springs now (its a california king, so it needs a special box spring).

Sunday morning we cleaned up the house a little. It was still looking good from the Easter Brunch clean. Mama Bishop was coming into town, so we had to get things sorted out. Then I went to play in a scrimmage while Nico tried the floor routine:


Isn't he adorable?

I managed to back into the water pipe at practice and broke it and had to help fix it. BTW, I hate being responsible for dumb stuff like that... because then I have to fix it!! Boooo!!! I did save a penalty kick in the scrimmage. Of course, I also caused the penalty kick... sad face.

That is about all that is going on around here. Mom Bishop got into town on Sunday afternoon and things have been pretty uneventful. They hung out yesterday and did lots of stuff: walked around in the back yard, did some reading, some painting, some dancing. I think he is having a good time.

1 comment:

  1. i think they actually sell a little pretend aquarium that plays a lullabye and flashes light images of fish on the wall. That could be good for him.

    ReplyDelete