Monday, May 23, 2011

Weekend WIN!

So, we had a really amazing weekend. 
We got kind of a late start out of town on Friday night.  We didnt get on the road till almost 730, leaving for Mexico Beach which was about 2 hours and 15 minutes west (out near Panama City).  We were headed to one of Dave's coworkers' wedding (Ruth was marrying Bill).  Nico was a peach in the car.  We arrived at the El Governor Hotel in Mexico Beach and got checked in... we were on the second floor... with our balcony door open, we fell asleep listening to the sound of waves on the beach.  It was awesome.

Saturday morning, Nico and Dave went to get some breakfast, while I slept in.  When they got back, we got dressed and headed to the ceremony.  Ruth and Bill rented a beach house that was a stone's throw from our hotel.  They had the ceremony on the beach at about 11 am- followed by mimosas and brunch.  Afterwards, we headed back to the hotel, where the three of us caught a nap, sleeping for almost 3 hours!!  Dave and Nico went down to the beach and the pool to do some swims for a couple of hours.  Nico LOVES swimming.  In the pool he kept trying to get away from Dave and didnt seem to be bothered AT ALL when he dunked "his own self" under.  I know... how awesome, right?


When they came back up to the hotel, we got ready and headed back down the beach for the reception.  Ruth and Bill had a pig roast and Tallahassee swing.  Nico had a pretty fun time listening to the band and dancing.  I took my big camera and shot lots of pictures of the sunset (experimenting with different settings).  This one of Dave and Nico is one of my favorite. 


But I also really like this one!  Too bad that dress really is too informal to wear to work... it was really comfortable!!


Nico ended up falling asleep at the end of the night.  It was nice listening to the band and the waves, sitting in a chair out on the beach while Nico snuggled up and fell asleep on me.  Have decided that I must get a job that will either allow us to live full time at the beach.  Or one that will allow us to vacation at the beach a month or two out of the year.  And I am not talking about Miami living at the beach... I am talking about living on the beach.  Like if I fell out of my balcony, it would be okay, because I would land in a sand dune live at the beach. 

This thought was cemented by our drive home on Sunday.  Since I had never been to Seaside or Grayton Beach, we took a spin through there.  Side note, Seaside is so upscale that they have a gourmet grilled cheese sandwhich food truck.  The cheese aint no American cheese food... think gouda.  Think provolone.  Think goat cheese.  I know, right?

We stopped for lunch at one of Dave's favorite places to eat (The Red Bar in Grayton Beach).  I had a pretty good gumbo and about half of Nico's grilled cheese, which was, probably the best I have ever had.  We walked down to the water, whcih was completely different than it had been in Mexico Beach.  Deep thick sand that was the texture of finr sugar.  Like whoa.  We made it back in town by about 6pm on Sunday.  It was pretty fun. 

And, I almost forgot!  I was voted Coach of the Year for the All-Area Big Bend Girls Soccer team.  So that was exciting news I got on Sunday morning!!

No comments:

Post a Comment