Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Random and cutes!

Nico has been COMPLETELY BUCK WILD at night, the last two nights.  OFF>  THE> CHAIN. 

Grandma Royse came to town on Sunday night, which I think is unrelated.  But Monday night- little homey woke up at 330 and took two hours to go back to sleep.  Which is okay, if I had gotten to bed before 12:30 and if I wasn't planning on going to the gym in the morning.  After our scrimmage last night, I came home and Nico was still awake.  I put him down and snuck to bed with the intention of having a quick nap then getting up and working on a paper through the night.  Well, 30 minutes into my nap, he woke up SHRIEKING and PISSED.  Like, didnt want me at all, which is strange, since he is a mama's boy.  Totally inconsolable.  For maybe an hour and a half... till Dave finally got him to go to sleep.  So not only did I have to get up to write last night, I didnt even get a decent nap.  Sadface.  So consequently, I am dragging today.  I scrounged the last 1.50 in my office to get a soda from the vending.  BTW- if anyone is ever looking for gifts for me, rolls of quarters work nicely.  Seems like I never have change for a soda.  Now I am going to have to drive up to the store for a soda at lunch (because I am not going to make it through the rest of the day on this measely bottle) and attempt to shield my eyes from the Cadbury eggs that garnish the cashier's stand.  You know what I am talking about, its Cadbury Season. Fo sho! 

In any case, Dave and I have decided that we need a stay at home wife.  Listen, if it means that there is an extra person to take point with Nico and to help cook and clean, I am totally all for polygamous marriages.  I dont see why people have a problem with them.  I mean, its all like Big Love, right??  No?  Damn it!!

I have come to the conclusion that Nico is probably going end up like Will from Good Will Hunting (played by Matt Damon).  Why, you ask?  Because there are two things that he can do ALL DAY, regardless of how many times he has done it already.  Sweep and read.  Henceforth, he is probably going to be a brilliant janitor who solves math problems anonymously in the classrooms of Harvard or Yale.  Seems likely, don't you think?

How do you like them apples?

One of his favorite books is, "I like it when..." It is in Spanish and English and includes phrases like, "I like it when you dance with me/Me gusta cuando bailas conmigo" or "I like it when you hug me tight/Me gusta cuando me das un abrazo muy fuerte." Whenever I read it to him, I act out the actions.  So I hold his hand, dance a little, hug him tight.  Dave's mom said last night that when they read the book he did the same thing with her.  Isn't that awesome? 

He is also OBSESSED with trucks.  The garbage truck dudes are pretty cool- because often they will honk if they see Nico in the window waving.  He stopped us in Publix the other day as we were leaving- to point at a vintage photo of a Publix Big Rig.  He also has this book, "Richard Scarry's Cars and Trucks and Things that Go" whcih he LOVES.  He remains scared of the yellow CAT dumptruck that he got as a birthday gift back in August.  It makes a lot of nose and "rumbles". He is pretty much NOT a fan. 

Really looking forward to Easter.  If you remember, someone was kind of terrible at finding eggs last year... his name rhymes with Rico.  Hoping that he steps up his game a little.  He has to know, that is not how we roll in the Bishop family.  Easter egg hunting is serious bi'ness.  I'm just sayin.  I am also just saying that I had an ephiphany yesterday. 

Okay- so Nico is pretty much adorable.  Dude, he is adorable when he is just wearing a diaper and socks running around the house trying to get away from me putting clothes on him.  He is adorable in the knockoff Euro league jersey LT got him in Europe last year.  He is adorable in navy blue and black (that his father dresses him in).  You know what would be Nico Cutes to the tenth power?  Nico in a tie!  Picture it!  Nico with some blue jeans and a button up shirt and a tie.  That would be some seriously cuteness!!  Like, put my baby in a gap commercial cute.  The advertising people at Gap would be like, "So, we dont really do ties- its not part of our line.  But no joke, that Royse kid, he could sell some ties.  Look at the cheeky little bugger.  We need to start ordering ties made, because guess what?  We are selling ties now!  And we can't keep them on the shelf- because everyone will be clamoring for ties- like that little blond haired, blue eyed Nico Royse." 

Ha!  You think I am joking.  No seriously, I think during Easter I might get a little Nico tie and shoot some pics- maybe at Maclay gardens?  Or Lake Ella... although Lake Ella makes me a little nervous.  The ducks and geese there are pretty bold.  They're all like, "What's up?  You got some bread?  No?  How about your wallet?  Yeah, me and Frank here, we'll just take your wallet and head across the street to Sonic.  That is what's up!" Combined with the surley squirels, it is a rough world out there!!

We are on Spring Break this week... which is sort of nice, in the sense that I dont have to go to class tomorrow.  Its also sorta "Big Whoop!" because I am not planning to lay on a beach and be a bum for a week... so that is kind of sad.  I have to write a term paper for this class- it has to be a discussion of some topic, utilizing a handful of research articles.  I thought briefly about writing it about changes in cause-specific infant mortality over the latter part of the twentieth century, just to be a smart ass.  Naturally I would have to site someone's dissertation.  That someone being me, clearly.  Plus, I have brought up a specific theory about why black women have worse infant health outcomes across the board in class and my instructor doesn't seem convinced.  So there is that.

Other than that, not much going on.  We scrimmaged the TUFC U16s last night- AND WON?  Milka-what?  I dont understand?  The team that we put into the scrimmage is *mostly* girls who will be playing this weekend.  With the exception of Norma, Kristine, and Maddie, who some might argue are three of the best players from our high school team.  But even without them, it was very promising.  The tournament should be fun... its been a while since I have done one.  I had originally wanted to use this tournament as the inaugural event for my photography practice, but its just not in the cards right now.  I will likely take my gear though, to practice getting some decent shots.  We'll see.

Oh, and some great news: last weekend, I took two of our seniors to Middle Georgia College (a JUCO) for tryouts.  They loved the school and the team.  The team loves them and wants to marry them.  Very strong possibillity that both will end up playing there- which is SUPER exciting.  This would take our college team count to: 6 (I AM counting our GK who opted out of playing at TU last year).  Of course, if you count the girls that have gone on to play OTHER sports, like softball, the number is 8.  So that is pretty sweet.

Sorry for the random nature of today's blog.  I blame the lack of sleep.

1 comment:

  1. i love your blog posts when you dont get any sleep. And in case you are counting...i totally vote for Nico in a tie for easter. yes please!

    ReplyDelete