Friday, March 11, 2011

To rule them all...

Not much going on around here.  Getting ready for the tournamament this weekend.  They sent me the player cards by email this morning and coaching passes, so it seems as if we are legit.  For now.  That can always change. 

I am pretty tired this week, from dealing with all the soccer stuff and trying to finish this damn paper.  The paper is under consideration for inclusion as a book chapter.  In a book that is going to be published.  The first draft of the chapter had approximately 384737437 tables in it.  One of the best things I have done to the table is combine some tables so that its only there are only three.  The 384737435 tables that I combined into one is pretty awesome.  One table to rule them all!! Can I still drop that reference if I didn't watch the LOTR trilogy?  Oh, you think I should get a life?  Mmmm. 

I dont think I get any money for it, though.  At least, no one has said anything about money.  I guess that is a pretty sweet deal, if you are the editor.  I think I am going to do that too one day... invite people to submit their papers to be chapters, so I dont have to do any of the actual work... then not give them any of the moneys.  I think it sounds like a briliant plan. 

So a friend (who may or may not be reading this) is pregnant.  She (Margot) and her husband (Mike) had us over for dinner a few weeks ago.  She had mentioned that she was in love with the Amy Butler's Poppies in Fuschia- she got bedding for Margot Jr. in the poppies.  I educated her on *Alchemy* on etsy.  Then proceeded to get a diaper bag for her made in Amy Butler's fabric.  I trust that most of her days right now are spent obsessively folding onesies and napping and dissertating, so I feel comfortable posting a picture of it here:
I am hoping to include a scrappy patchwork baby quilt and some hand dyed onesies to complete the baby gift.  The baby gift to rule them all. 

The thing is?  I love the bag.  she uses this amazing turbo interfacing that keeps the bag from getting all floppy-tastic.  And it is MASSIVE.  Like hold my laptop and the 200 pounds of stuff I carry around massive.  One bag to rule them all!! 

I think you know where this is going.  Yeah, you do.  I know, I am so predictable.  What happened to that bag I had made with the Amy Butler green and blue fabric?  I still have it.  I just ummm.  Nico uses it for his stuff all the time?  Oh.  But imagine it made with this:


Oh yes.  That is Michael Miller's Dogwood Stripe. You think I need to stop judging Nicole for her thing with LV, when I clearly have a problem?

Hey!  What's that? (as I point over your shoulder). 

Now I am running away.

2 comments:

  1. I never thought I'd live to see the day that one of my kids would be a fabric snobs. I never thought one of my kids would be able to actually name the fabric design.

    Take some advice from an old fabric ho(arder): if you see it and if you love it, get it. Remember the black on black swan fabric at Queen Anne's Lace in Orlando in 1996? I still regret my decision NOT to buy any -- not at $8 a yard. It fell of the shelf and hit me on the head! That's a sign. I still think about that fabric. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm forced to point out that if you add up the amount you have spent on bags and diaperbags over the the last 6 years...i bet it's less than what I spent on the LV. And dont point out that LV was free since it was a gift. whatevs.

    ReplyDelete