Monday, March 28, 2011

The Chocolate Cake Dance

We had a pretty good weekend. 

I stayed up kinda late on Friday night working on Zoe Claire's quilt.  It's almost done.  Woo hoo!!  I can't wait to go see her, because she is going to get a whole mess of cool stuff!!  Saturday morning, I went over to my friend LaVon's house.  We worked on a necklace that I have been wanting to make.  Am hoping to get it done in time for PAA... but that is not looking  hopeful at the moment. 

On the way home, I ran by the Old Navy for some jeans, because I tore my last ones sitting on a bench at Godby (I went to shoot some photos at a track meet).  I tore the jeans on a sharp part of the bench.  I normally wouldn't be bothered by it (and prolly would not have replaced the jeans) had the tear been in a more convenient place.  Ahem.  As it is now, they dont look cool- like I meant to do it- like on the knee or the thigh.  Its right on the butt of the jeans.  And its just trashy to wear them around.  On a side note- why in the hell does it seem like a tornado has just hit Old Navy.  No matter when I go?  Always a disaster area?  Do people just lose their minds at Old Navy?  Must be...

Saturday night we went Cabos for dinner.  Wherein, Nico showed us "The Chocolate Cake Dance".  Behold!!




Nico has random dances that he does. In the mornings, sometimes he does "The Poptart Dance" which is quite similar to this.   Isn't this awesome?

Sunday, I took Nico out to breakfast and got some groceries.  While he went down for a nap, I went to the eye doctor.  BTW, I heart insurance.  I have a vision plan with my health insurance.  I paid a @20.00 co-pay and got two pair of glasses.  One nice pair from Banana Republic and one off name brand which is for backups.  Of course, they dilated my eyes while I was there, which necessitated a need for a nap when I got home :)

While I was waiting for the glasses to be made, I met Dave and Nico at Borders.  Apparently Nico woke up from nap requesting a "treat".  I don't know where he got this idea... we generally don't do "treats".  Like, if we are going to have candy, we have candy... there is no treat involved.  He is also taken to saying what sounds like, "tight" when we put his shoes on.  Which is strange... because I wasn't aware that he knew what it meant.  Of course, it probably means that it is time for new shoes for him. 

He is also REALLY into trucks and cars and tractors and trains right now.  And I am not sure, but I think he knows some colors (red and white).  Now, if you point to a white truck as ask what color it is, he says something that sounds like "white."  Is it possible that he is a genius?  I mean, it probably is... afterall... look at his mom.  She is pretty smart.  His Dad is okay... :)

All for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment