Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Trick Ankle

Not much new to report.  I was in a writing workshop for most of yesterday at work.  During the lunch break one of my coworkers commented that I ought to teach writing classes (because I had a few good suggestions on improving writing).  To which I commented, "You're right, I am pretty awesome."  Like I said, with the Aspergers already. 

Nico went to the doctor.  The section of the city where the doctor is located was without power when we got there.  So they had to do it old school for a lot of the visit-like one of the nurses held him and got on the scale.  He was not a fan.  He was also not a fan of the the 5 shots he got.  Sadface.  But he was okay like 2 minutes later. 

He did have an ear infection, which was sort of surprising.  Not really though, because he has been messing with his ears.  But I thought he had ear infections earlier, but he didnt.... so what do you do?  He also has dropped in percentile's for weight- which isn't really surprising.  I had been contemplating a revolution in our meal time process... but think that I will delay the revolution for a while (till after our weight check in 2 months).  Before the doctor's appointment, I had been a little concerned that the kid will only eat fruit... and that we were going to have a come to Jesus meeting about it.  But since his weight is a little bit of a situation- I guess we'll just wait to have that battle. 

I am pretty worried about childhood obesity for Nico- since it is linked with a LOT of other health conditions, including early onset of Type II diabetes, hypertension, etc.  I didn't want to make a big deal about Nico eating, because I didn't want it to be a battle- I think that that can set up problems with food for later.  So I had been kinda letting him lead his diet- figuring that he would eat when he is hungry and not eat when he isn't.  Turns out he is doing a terrible job of being in charge of his own self eating.  :)  So we will see.

I am going to the orthopedist on Wednesday.  We are going to talk about my trick ankle- see if there is any rehab or anything I can do to it to keep from falling on my face every other day.  Will keep you all posted about how that goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment