Monday, February 7, 2011

Picture it: Tallahassee 2011....

The Weekend- is never long enough.  Seriously. 

I went to campus on Saturday morning to do some analyses and work on some data.  Ike and I have a poster at PAA in D.C. at the end of next month?  Yikes, it seems really close when one puts it that way.  I didnt get to get to all the stuff I wanted to on account of the fact that Nico wouldn't take a nap for Dave.  I get home and start to work my magic, but the boy doesn't get to sleep till nearly 3pm.  For real, he is usually awake from nap by 230 pm.  Off the chain!

We went over to Mike and Margot Bender's house for dinner.  They are pretty much a couple living our life in an alternate plain- he is in the press corps, she is working on a PhD at FSU (in communications).  They have been married maybe a couple of years, but lived together for several before making it official.  They are currently pregnant (with a girl).  Good people.  Nico was pretty okay- got into EVERYTHING.  But was overall pretty well behaved.  Since Nico doesn't often have blowouts, I have gotten OUT of the habit of carrying a change of clothes for him everywhere.  Well, he was in a cloth diaper, and managed to soak through to his pants, so he spent most of the evening in just a shirt and a diaper.  Seriously, how redneck is that?

We also started BBUSC this week.  Sundays are basically just pickup sessions.  We had a pretty good turnout.  We are in the process of putting together a tournament team for a Tallahassee tournament in March, which means that I don't really get much of a break from the highschool and club seasons.  But, it is what it is, I guess.  So after soccer on Sunday, we rode back into town, grabbed some noms for the ball game and settled in to watch commercials.  I really could have cared less for the actual outcome of the game.  I know that I should cheer for the Steelers because Uncle Rock has been a lifelong fan.  But, I am ideologically opposed to rapists, so I was left to cheer for the Packers. 

In other news, I bought a camera this weekend. 

So that is that.  I ordered the camera from Amazon the other day.  In one sense, I am pretty excited.  I can finally get Ma Bishop off my back :)  Now, all I have to do to win Daughter of the Year is to take Dave and Nico on the Amazing Race and WIN (while beating Cheerleaders).  Take that, Nicole!!

4 comments:

  1. dude...you are totally on to something...i think sports photography is an AWESOME way to get started...go you!

    PS...you forfeited daughter of the year Fall 2000. wait...can we joke about that yet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. We can totally joke about that. As long as you agree that you forfeited daughter of the year in the late spring of 1999.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't forget baby/kid portraits. You're so good with toddlers to teens.

    ReplyDelete
  4. obviously.

    So is JJ daughter of the year?

    ReplyDelete