Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Just want to bite him...

So I went to TOC today.  They did a bunch of xrays and long story short- my left ankle is pretty jacked up.  The degree of movement in a "normal" ankle is about 8 degrees.  My right ankle which is my "good" ankle has 12 degrees.  Not good- but it might just be that I am loose jointed.  The degree of movement in my left ankle?  31 degrees- which I suspected given my propensity to not just kinda roll/sprain my ankle, but to REALLY do it. 

The ankle guy says that at this point, its pretty much beyond repair with rehab and physical therapy.  The surgical option is to go in and stitch the ligaments back together-tighten them up and to scope the ankle.  If I manage to do this AGAIN after correcting it this time, they would surgically fix it by taking part of a hamstring tendon.  Isn't that cool? 

So I have to decide whether/when to have the surgery.  Whether isn't really a decision, because I would like to stop falling on my face any time I step sorta crooked on some uneven sidewalk.  I am also pretty afraid that I am going to be carrying Nico when it happens next- and that isn't probably a good thing.  So at this point, I am trying to think of a good time.  I am thinking maybe early/mid may- after the session and after women's state cup (hopefully?). 

On an unrelated matter, video of Nico telling Granny You thanks for the valentines!! Isn't he precious?  Seriously- last week he was bitten twice at school.  I wonder if its because he was so precious and the other kid couldn't help but bite him... I can barely stand it!!

1 comment:

  1. If you need someone to ride herd on you and Juicy, I'm the first one standing in line, waving my hand, "Pick me! Pick me!"

    ReplyDelete