Friday, February 25, 2011

State Cup and Nic Cage...

Not much new to report- except that the weekend is almost here.  That is pretty exciting.  Even more exciting?  Dave and I are going on a date.  Oh yeah, don't be jealous!  We haven't decided what we are going to do, except that we want to try out the Midtown Filling Station- which is a new place to eat.  He also mentioned that he might like to see Unknown (Liam Neeson's new movie).  I think this is a pretty good idea, because I liked this movie the last time I saw it when it was called Taken.  No seriously- can you ever go wrong with Liam Neeson?  No, I don't beleive you can... unlike Nicholas Cage.  Seriously, I think I am going to have to explain to Nico when gets old enough that he is not named for Nic Cage and that if I could go back and undo something in this life, it would be most of the movies he has made since National Treasure 2 (I do cut him a little slack because I actually liked the National Treasure movies).  But seriously?  Ghost Rider?  Really?  Drive Angry?  He needs his a$$ kicked. 

We got our state cup schedule this week.  There were only four women's teams who registered for the tournament, so we go straight to the semifinals (whoot?).  The tournament (as it were) is supposed to happen May 14-15 in Auburndale, Florida (about an hour southwest of Orlando- or as my friend Jen insists on referring to it as, "Whorelando.")That is pretty exciting.

That is about it... been trying to push and get a paper done.  Its supposed to be a chapter in a book that is going to be published later this year.  They want it March 10.  Plus then, I have to turn around and put together a poster for PAA, which is in D.C.  Am thinking about taking my new camera gear and take a day to have a walk about in D.C.  I mean, it's basically my hood. 

Have a great weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment