Monday, May 13, 2013

Weekend with my boys!

I flew home on Friday, for Mother's Day weekend.  I had a bit of a debacle leaving Chicago though.  Apparently, there was going to be some bad weather, so Delta delayed my flight out of O'Hare, but I would have missed my connection in Atlanta.  And not get into Atlanta until 1145 pm.  And Mama don't play that.  So, after consulting with some coworkers, they suggested, I get in a cab and then get on the phone with Delta when I couldn't get the Delta website to work for rebooking my departure.  I did and was able to get Delta to reroute me through Midway, leaving an hour earlier.  This put me into Tallahassee at 830 pm to see my squish and Dave!

Saturday, Nico and I started with a trip to the park with Ovid.  There is a new spinner thing that they just did not get tired of.  It was pretty much amazing.  


Saturday night, we stayed in and tried to watch Finding Nemo.  Nico was still not entirely interested in watching a movie all the way through (even though I thought he'd be all over Finding Nemo).  Oh well.  

Sunday morning, Dave and Nico took me to a special Mother's Day brunch at the Hotel Duval, which is kind of a swanky place in downtown Tallahassee.  The brunch was very nice.  We had to get dressed up. I am not sure, but I think Nico might be modeling here.  

The brunch was delicious... there were mimosas, floats, quiches, etc.  It was awesome.  The brunch was held at the Level 8 lounge (which is the bar/lounge of the Hotel Duval).  It has a fantastic view of the skyline of Tallahassee.  



Sunday afternoon, we scooped up Graham (Nico's best friend) and Graham's sister Lydia, to take them to the soccer field.  I wanted Dave to be able to play soccer, so I kept the kids.  Nico and Graham had a grand time... they played nicely for two hours, with the occasion break for snacks.  Including watermelon.
  

Then, this morning, we took off for the airport.  Nico and Dave dropped me and I flew back to O'hare and headed to the office.  In all, it was a great weekend.  Nico's been a peach- but I am definitely looking forward to getting the boys up here.  

1 comment: