Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Swimming and May Day!

So, Nico had a pretty terrific weekend.  It started with a going away party at Joe and Kari Follick's house on Saturday.  And guess what?  There was swimming!!
He has suggested that it is time for him to start learning how to swim.  Which I am completely okay with.  I think we might need to look into swimming lessons up here.  He seems like he's old enough now where he can go and listen to the teacher and I can lounge nearby in the sun.  Just as it should be.  

His school also did their May Day celebration.  

In this event, there was singing and a party.  When someone (whose name rhymes with Rave) finally uploads the video, I will post a link to some of the performances.  Apparently, Nico knows that after doing a performance and people clap, you should bow.  He was the only kid who bowed.  Which is awesome.  

There were also horse rides, which is fantastic.  Nico has been on a horse more in the last three years than I have been in the last 20.  And I lived on a horse ranch.  Go figure.  

I fly home tomorrow to scoop up my boys and bring them to Chicago.  Don't know what next week will look like, so I probably won't post much.  Once we get to Chicago, there will be all the unpacking.  Can I share with you how much I am looking forward to having all my kitchen stuff?  Mixing bowls?  Pans?  A microwave??   Thank god.  If I have to eat another shitty spinach smoothie for breakfast, I was going to have a fit.  Surprisingly, sugar-free andes mints added to the blender, a delicious breakfast smoothie don't make. 

No comments:

Post a Comment