Friday, May 10, 2013

Walking with History

I am becoming a massive fan of Yelp.  I love being able to open the app on my phone and search nearby for "Cheap Dinner" or "Burgers" or "Brunch".  On Wednesday night, I had a massive headache (which I think was brought on by either hunger or dehydration) so I went looking for a place to eat something quick before the event I went to.  

I ended up at a place around the corner called "Lincoln Station".  Had dinner, it was okay.  But then today, when I went to review it on Yelp, I found out that it is across the street from The Biograph Theatre, which is where John Dillinger was killed by the FBI.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biograph_Theater

That is crazy. 

And that is what I love about Chicago and all old cities.  That you can walk though the streets and literally be walking where history has walked.  LOVE IT.  

In other news, I am headed home today... I say "home" because home is wherever Dave and Nico are.  I cant wait to get them up here. 


No comments:

Post a Comment