Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Missing my boys.

So this period that I am in Chicago is the longest that I have ever been apart from Nico.  It's so weird.  17 days.  As of today, it's ten more days till I see him in Tallahassee (for Mother's Day).

Luckily Grandma and Grandpa are in town this week, so I hope they are a good distraction for him.  I guess when you're getting to go to Chuck E. Cheese and to the park all the time, I bet it's not hard.



It's crazy how grown his face looks.. He's really losing the toddler/three year old look and is starting to look like a big kid.  It's been hard with him- I was hoping that he would be more interested in video chatting and talking on the phone, but he isn't.  I think he might be a little mad/annoyed at me.  I hope he isn't but, I would be pretty pissed too if I were him.  I am trying to send him postcards and care packages and notes and such.  But I don't think he "gets" it.  

My only hope is that he doesn't remember this month.  At all. I know, that in the end, he will have so much more opportunity than if we had stayed in Florida on all fronts: sports, academics, culture, etc.  I can rest assured that if he goes to do ODP when he is a sophomore or a junior in highschool, he will do so having a really good idea where he stands because he will have played with all those guys.  He has the chance to attend schools that rank in the top 50. IN THE COUNTRY.  He might have a choice of judo clubs to fight in.  I hope someday he realizes this... 

No comments:

Post a Comment