Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Hey Mama, Hey Nico.

So we have an interesting new development with Nico... he has apparently convinced himself to cry at the drop of a hat.  And not likey whiny baby whining... full on, meltdown crying his face off crying.  Yes... its pretty exciting.  And by that I mean, not at all. 

One thing he is doing that is pretty fun is he says, "Hey Nico" kinda randomly.  I am trying to turn that into "Hey mama" to which I reply, "Hey Nico." 

In the job market report:  I asked another professor at FSU to write a letter of recomendation for me.  To which she agreed (which was actually a surprise, because I would have told me no.)  The reason I asked is that she has known me longer than some of the others I probably could have asked (like profs that served on my dissertation committee).  But I think she could speak to my development as a human and as a scholar.  But maybe that is the lesson...sometimes some people just need to catch a break.  I feel like this is me catching a break.

Right now my list of applications looks like this (this list is based only on positions that have been posted and for which I may qualify):
Washington and Lee University (Lexington, VA)
University of Wisconsin-LaCrosse (LaCrosse, WI)
Luther College (Decorah, IA)
Carleton College (Northfield, MN)
Denison College (Granvile, OH)
Franklin College (Franklin, IN)
U of New Mexico (Albuerqueque, NM). 

Know what else is me catching a break?  The article I worked on last year with IE (based on the poster we presented at PAA)?  Its being made into a TV movie!!  Holla!  Okay, not really.  Its not being made into a TV movie.  It is,  however, being published by Springer in a text called, "Applied Demography and Public Health." Isn't that sexy?  I am resisting the urge to run my happy self to publix for celebratory cupcakes and beer.  What?  I can't drink beer at work?  What if I am a published author?  Can I drink beer now?  No.  Can I interest you in a cupcake?

No comments:

Post a Comment