Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Birthday party?

Not an awful lot going on around here. Same old, same old. We are getting a repreive from soccer practice this week, as most of our girls are at soccer camp at Thomas University. So that is pretty sweet.

Nico is a lot of fun lately. He is talking up a storm and is interested more than ever in trucks (dump, fire and garbage). Dave and I may have created a monster by letting him watch Youtube videos of trucks. Although, to be honest, I would rather he watch videos of real stuff than BS like the Wiggles or Barney. To this day, Barney makes me want to kick the dog. "I love you, you love me..." indeed.

At a birthday party this weekend, I was talking with the mother of one of his friends about birthday parties. Did you know that to host a party at someplace like Truesdale pool its a couple of hundred DOLLARS? Wha-what? Its not like its a crazy party with kry-STAL and coke and strippers. Its a pool party. BARF. So I am reassessing what to do about Nico's birthday this year. Given that it will be during the suckiest part of the year in North Florida, our options are somewhat limited. One thing is for sure, we probably need something a little smaller than what went down in our house last year.

Parenting Nico whilst being on crutches is turning out to be less of challenge than I originally thought. He seems to "get it" and takes it easy on me. He has been pretty good about just getting in the car when I go to get him from school. He also realizes I cant just pick him up whenever he wants.

The crutches are getting old. I ventured into the garden yesterday afternoon. It was BADLY in need of some water and there is just no way to do that easily and Nico doesnt take direction THAT well yet. We do have some tomatoes that are almost ripe, plus a bunch more coming in. The watermellons arent fairing well, but the pumpkins have taken OVER.

All for now. Later!

No comments:

Post a Comment