Friday, July 16, 2010

ZOMG!! Nicole's gonna be jealous!!

OMG!!  Nicole is going to be soooooooooooooooo jealous.  So jealous!! 

So our Assistant Coach (Joe) is a teacher at the high school.  He was the original bringer of the intensity (long before JJ was ever on the scene.)  I think this is partially because he has a competitive spirit, but also because he is old school, and also because he is a country boy.  He values hard work, dedication and commitment.  Early on in coaching, when we were convinced that the best pregame and half time talks chilled the girls out, we often found ourselves trying to lighten the situation after Joe would get done talking to them... he is REALLY intense.  His oldest daughter graduated our second year of coaching and his youngest is just getting to high school this year (and will likely be a baller). 

In any case, he is extremely handy.  I once lamented that we didnt have any benches to do tricept dips on at practice and the next week, we had one.  The year after we lost our second player in the first game of the season to an ACL, I mentioned that I wanted balance boards like THESE to work with during the off season.  When we started preseason I had 5.  A couple of months ago, he was telling me about a projec that he was working on for his daughter's wedding present- which was a tall chest of drawers made from cherry.  That he cut down himself.  And had milled.  So... he is handy.  So  I mentioned that I wanted some bookshelves for Nico's room.  The library style shelves, that stand on the floor with their backs to a wall.  Sort of like what Emme has here: 
(only, I wanted ours to sit on the floor.) 

So guess what Joe brought to practice last night?  TWO SHELVES!! ZOMG!!  Nicole is going to be soooo jealous.  Seriously, I think I will be accompanying NiCody to the airport when they fly out after Nico's birthday because she is probably going to try to take them. 

Yeah... I am pretty stoked.  I am hoping that I can get some time to paint them this weekend- because they are awesome. 

Which brings me to my delimma:  I really want to get Joe something- but I dont know what.  There is no way that I could get him a gift that would be equal to getting two handmade custom book shelves.  But I want to get him an appropriate Thank You gift.  Any ideas?

1 comment:

  1. remember how i used to take all of your bath and body works stuff and then lie and say i didnt? oh yeah. they will be mine...oh yes...they will be mine.

    How about sporting event tickets? Is he a FSU football/basketball fan?

    ReplyDelete