Monday, July 19, 2010

Walky McWalkerson

NICO TOOK HIS FIRST UNASSISTED STEPS THIS WEEKEND!!  YEAH, I KNOW!!!  OMG!!

We were at soccer practice on Saturday finishing up.  The girls were kind of sitting around taking off their gear, we were gathering up equipment... etc.  I was talking to Joe or someone and looked down to see Nico standing unassisted, with a bunch of the soccer girls calling him and trying to get him to walk towards him... he took a couple of steps and stopped and I yelled for Dave to throw me my phone, so I could record it.  I was nervous that he would fall down or be done with the walking before I could record it... but luckily I got it!!  I am so stoked.  So while these are actually like his 4,5 and 6th steps, they might as well be his first ones!! 

Here is a video of how it went down:


Throughout the rest of the weekend, he snuck in a couple of unasssted steps here and there.  I think it won't be long at all before he is running.  Whoot!!!

What is not awesome is the fact that the NicoBeast who had been pretty much sleeping through the night has been replaced by this guy who is up all night.  But, this is what I have come to figure out with babies- that you take two steps forward and one step back.  Meh. 

So, I started on Nico's curtains this weekend.  Wait, let me back up... remember how I had a sad because I went to buy the fabric for his curtains and it was all gone... (that really cool blue and green and white swirly paisley fabric?) and how I bought blue, green and brown stripes?  Well, I went into Joanns for some supplies to finish off his quilt when Lo and Behold, I found two practically new bolts of the fabric!!  ZOMG!!11!  I couldnt believe it.  You better believe that I bought 6 yards on the spot.  So... the good news is, that I am going to have the curtains I wanted for Nico's room.  The bad news is... I have several yards of brown,blue and green striped fabric... I guess I can always buy more and make it into curtains for another room.  Who knows? 

I had to postpone completion though, because I need to get a new cord for the sewing machine- it had been patched with some electrical tape. And Nico tore it up...

So we moved onto painting one of the shelves for his room.  I am pretty stoked about them.  I picked up a can of mismixed light blue paint to paint the dresser and the shelves in his room.  Turns out its pretty much perfect.

That is all.  Guess I need to get to it.

1 comment:

  1. Hooray Nico!!!!! How cool that he did it at soccer practice - a sign of good things to come.

    ReplyDelete