Thursday, July 1, 2010

Oh no he didn't!!

So I was granted my flex time- which means, that typically my work hours will be 7-4.  Conseqently, I left the house today at 635 and Nico wasn't awake yet.  I think this might be the first morning that I have left for work and haven't said good morning to him :(  I hope he isn't too pissed off about it.  I wanted to wake him up and get some cuddles before I went off to work- but frankly, it is easier for Dave to work and get stuff done in the morning the longer Nico stays asleep. 

He has been really cranky for the last week.  His sleeping has been kind of weird- from one night of waking up every 45 minutes to scenarios like last night were he woke for a while around 300am but slept pretty soundly before and after.  We have transitioned to a little bit later bedtime, to accomdate soccer nights.  Typically he hasn't been getting into bed until 830 or so... but the last couple of nights the wheels have come off at dinner.  So I go to give him a bottle and he falls asleep during the bottle- which usually doesn't happen.  So who knows?  I have heard that sometimes babies get all crazy like this right before they are about to achieve a huge milestone.  In Nico's case, it is probably walking.  Seriously- he is so close right now. 

Yesterday we met our soon to be baby sittter.  Her name is Jessica and she is a sophomore at FSU.  Her major is English Lit.  I asked if she was planning on getting a job when she graduates!  HA!!  I was joking, there are plenty of jobs for English majors.  My first thought- she is pretty.  Pretty-pretty.  Yeah.  And Nico was all smiley. 

I was like, what?  Let me make sure I have this correct.  You dont like being held by the soccer girls, many of whom knew you back when you were a splotchy, ruddy little beast.  And now you're going to be all smiley and cute with her?  Oh no you didn't!!!

So that was pretty funny.  I think she might work out for us- she seems like a good kid.

No comments:

Post a Comment