Friday, February 28, 2014

5 years.

It's our anniversary today.
It's weird.  When I was a kid there were things that I really looked forward to in my life.  Even at a young age, I remember being cognizant of how anticipation could make time go by so slowly.  At first it was things like Christmas and going out of town for soccer tournaments.  Then it was graduating from high school and going to college.  Then soccer seasons starting.  Then soccer seasons ending.  And graduating and moving to Tallahassee.  And looking forward to meeting the guy I would marry.  Then it was moving in together and getting married and having Nico. And more soccer seasons starting.  And more soccer seasons ending.  And finishing my degree and moving to Chicago.

What I have come to realize is that these things come to pass in what feels like a blink of the eye.  When I think back on the day we got married, its so clear in my memory, it seems like yesterday.  But then I think of how much things have changed since then, so I know, intellectually, it can't have been yesterday.  I just have a hard time wrapping my mind around it sometimes.  It's disconcerting sometimes.  Regardless, I am happy it was Dave.  He's been a wonderful husband and father.  

Happy Anniversary, Babe.  Here's to another 50!

No comments:

Post a Comment