Thursday, February 13, 2014

Winter

Over the weekend, I took Nico sledding to another hill (close by).  We met one of his little friends there.  I really like the parents- they remind me a lot of Dave and me.
We apparently need to get on the stick though, because February is the last month of outdoor skating for the winter.  I think we might try to find a place to go skating this weekend.  I hope it's better than the last time I went.

Speaking of winter, I pushed Nico into a snow bank yesterday.  On purpose.

He was being a jerk.  I told him I didn't want to race after school and he got mad.  He started pushing me.  I told him to stop.  He didn't.  I told him to stop again.  He still didn't.  So when he started to push me again, I grabbed his arm and spun away from him, engineering him into a snow bank.  "Natural and logical consequences", right?

He didn't like it, and started crying.  I got him in the car and told him to pull it together and that he had by the time we got to Walgreens to decide how he wanted the rest of the night to go.  He could have a good attitude and have fun for the rest of the night, or he could have a bad attitude and be mad and go to bed right after dinner.  (Seriously though, this kid gives downward spiral a new meaning... usually things only get worse from here... )

By the time we got to Walgreens, he had sufficiently pulled himself together and was a gem for the rest of the night.  Seriously... I am not sure if I am really awesome because I was able to get him to calm himself or if I am terrible for pushing my kid into a snow drift.  Probably the latter.  He likely won't remember that it was him that started down that path; his only memory will likely be that his mom pushed him into a snow drift.  :(

No comments:

Post a Comment