Thursday, February 6, 2014

Parents 5, Nico 19834798132

He's probably like most 4-year olds.  But Nico, is a bit of a picky eater.  I don't know how it happened... actually... that is a lie.  I know exactly how it happened.  It happened because things like chicken nuggets, hot dogs, and macaroni and cheese are really easy to heat and eat.  Dave and I like the occasional curry or choizo stuffed pablanos... and what kind of parents would feed chorizo stuffed pablanos to a baby?  Exactly... so we started making Nico his own food way back... and have just kept it going.  This wouldn't be a problem, except Nico is the tiniest wee bit obsessive about stuff- so he will go through periods where he ONLY wants macaroni and cheese.  Or only chicken nuggets.  Which is, as you can imagine... a scotch of a beat down.

But something happened last week.  Dave took Nico to White Castle.  Now, before you call CPS, just know that Nico now loves chicken sandwiches.  He tried a chicken slider and liked it.  And now likes chicken sandwiches. Can you even believe that?  Yeah, I know.  And something else happened last night. 

Let me pause this story to give you some back story... my gym is currently doing a paleo challenge.  Now, since I am easily peer pressured,  of course I signed up.  Now granted... I think I am about the only person int the world who is on the verge of being kicked out of their gym's paleo challenge.  Seriously, I think my coach might be thinking, "Are you even trying?  At all?" (with the paleo challenge, we are abstaining from processed foods, dairy, grains, legumes, and alcohol for two months. Let's just say that some of us abstain better than others). 

After dinner last night, I opened up a freshly bought bag of apricots and Nico asked me what they were.  I explained and also told him that they were the sweetest, gummiest, yummiest fruits ever.  I proceeded to spread a bit of sunbutter on a few... and you wouldn't even believe it- Nicholas Michael Cornelius Jacob Timothy McClelan Jackson Lee Royse ate them up.  In fact, he kept stealing mine!  I could not believe it.  It was awesome.  Of course, I have breathed mention of this- out into the universe... So, that is a sure fire way to send this in the other direction.  But it's a win and I will take it.  


Also, it should be known that Nico's middle names are not Cornelius, Jacob, Timothy McClelan Jackson and Lee.  I make up middle names to call people when I am exasperated with them.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment