Thursday, May 24, 2012

Where did that kid get a harmonica?

You know, its so weird, I know that for some people, time probably just creeps by... like if you are Nicole and Cody waiting for their new baby (they have been picked to be adopted parents!).  Or when we've already named teams and we are waiting for the soccer season to start.  But then there are other times where the time just flies.  I feel like we are in this time period.  Its already Thursday.  Isn't that crazy? The house is still a disaster from last weekend.  It really needs to be cleaned.  But I just don't want to.

Wednesday is Dave's judo night... so for some reason, I don't feel  bad about sewing when he isnt there.  Like if he isnt there, he wont notice I finished a quilt block, nor did I do any dishes.  So yesterday, I tried an experiment.  I wanted to see how long Nico could play by himself on the back porch with me while I sewed.  See, I got a new sewing machine... and I got three baby quilts to work on.  I have previously made two patchy quilts... that were just 4.5" squares.  Really kinda boring.  But now that I have a nice machine, I want to up my game a bit.

Since I have a bunch of pieces of fabric that are 0.5 or 0.25 yards, I thought I might do a charmy quilt... something where you sew a bunch of strips and then cut and piece in different directions.  I don't know, but I'll know it when I see it.   I am going for something similar to this:
published in "500 Art Quilts"
I know, pretty, right?  

In any case, Nico lasted long enough for me to piece that section, which was great for sewing.  Not so great for cleaning the house (I did manage to do a couple of loads of laundry, feed Nico, water the garden, bathe Nico, work on this stupid paper for 1.5 hours and knit- yest, I was up till 1230.)

Also, Nico has somehow acquired a harmonica.  Don't ask me where it came from.  But there is this:

No comments:

Post a Comment