Monday, May 21, 2012

Blueberry Springs!

We had a great weekend!  It started with me running a 5K at Wakulla Springs.  I have been actually doing a 5K training program, so it was somewhat better than it usually is... but I still wanted to die.  For most of it.  And it was mostly on a trail... I probably wouldn't have run it if I had known it was a trail race,  because I just dont do trail runs.  But it turned out to be okay.

We had practice on Saturday morning, which we topped off by swimming at the Y- which Nico really liked, as always.  I ran some errands on Saturday afternoon (including a trip to Joanns to get some supplies for all the new baby quilts I need to get working on... friends having babies, sister trying to adopt a baby, you know.  

Sunday morning, Nico and I went to Blueberry Springs to pick blueberries.  It's out in Monticello (about 25 min from Tallahassee).  He had a really great time.  We'll prolly go back in two weeks to pick blackberries.  because that is how we roll.  


After nap on Sunday, we headed to the soccer field for our last game of the Spring Coed season.  We played on the turf- which tends to get warm on hot days.  I think it just makes the field softer.  In all, our team played very well.  I had a shutout (which was awesome).  

All for now.  We are going to Jacksonville this weekend to see the US men play Scotland, which supposedly is going to be a good game for the US men... since Scotland is bringing their scrub team.  

No comments:

Post a Comment