Monday, January 16, 2012

Hitting...

Nico is saying some funny stuff lately.  Dave just came in from giving Nico a bath and said that Nico started a sentence with, "Back when I was a little boy..."

Also, we were at the grocery today and Nico kept grabbing things to put them in the cart.  When I explained, "No, Nico, we don't need any soda today," he responded with, "Actually, we do need some more soda" or "Actually, we do need some donuts."  In all, it's pretty great.

Here is a video that I took of Nico this evening.  We are going through a loverly hitting phase.  He surprised me with a slap in the face this morning.  Awesome.  And, in case any one was wondering, I didn't deserve it.



I think I got hit with a 24 hour bug, because from Sunday night to Monday night, I felt just awful.  No appetite and tired.  I think I layed in bed so much that it made my ribs sore.  Is that possible?  Then today, when Nico and I were napping, Dave came home from the gym and started working out in the back yard.  He was hammering on a pole that he nailed Nico's basketball goal to when a swarm of weapons grade bees got him.  We think this is the same posse of bees that got Nico a couple of weeks ago.  Dave managed to escape with only a sting or two.

Other than that- we are winding the season down.  We found out today that our big center back- who got hurt at the Chiles tournament is going to be out for another 4 weeks- which means that her season and career is basically done.  Its hard to think about, since she has been such an integral part of the team since she was a freshman.  We have the district play off this week and assuming that we are playing in the championship game, we will have at least one game next week.  If we win the district championship game, then we will host next week's game, if we lose the championship game, we will go on the road to either Pensacola Catholic or Bay Co, after I shoot myself in the face.  We have a really good shot at winning next week, which will put us in regional semifinals- which is the Elite 8.  I am very hopeful, because I think next year will be a bit of a re-building year.

It's been this way for 6 years- but I sorta can't believe that the season is about to end.  Its good though- I can always tell when we get to this point in the season.  I am pretty short with Dave and the girls- and I forget what I have verbalized and what I haven't- so then I get annoyed when they dont remember the 43579348573498 things I have told them about ___________.

No comments:

Post a Comment