Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Whorelando and the 407...

Not much going on around here. I am busier than a one-legged man in an a$$ kicking contest. And worse, at work, they are making me work!! Can you believe it? Noooooooo!

I am going to Orlando next weekend for a training in one of the programs we offer, Living Healthy. It is an evidence-based program that helps people manage chronic conditions (like arthritis, diabetes, cancer, etc) through action planning and such. We are, thanks to yours truly (yes, I am accepting all kinds of credit for this) ramping up partnership development with the Veteran's Administration, which involves them embedding our programs in their health care delivery system. So the training is mostly for the VA and my supervisor is sending me to learn more about the program, so that I can know what I am talking about when I try to convince others to do our programs. I am pretty excited about it... especially since it will give me the chance to meet people I have been talking to on the phone for MONTHS.

It means that Nico and Dave are going to be on their own next week. YIKES. Don't like. Which sucks. But it also means I am going to the Adidas outlet, Ikea and Joes Crab Shack. In no particular order. What- what? Of course, it doenst even come close to balancing out for six days with no Nico snuggles :( but it sure does beat sitting at my desk sending email and scheduling confernce calls.

No comments:

Post a Comment