Thursday, September 22, 2011

Please dont stop the music...

Okay... so Nico is pretty much adorbs. Every time we pass by statue animals, he wants to go hug them. Seriously... how freakin' adorable is that? He's done it several times... down in the county we drive by a butcher shop that has a statue pig outside. He goes on and on and on about how he wants to "go hug that pig!" Last night we were down in the county and drove by Lindy's Chicken place on 319 when he declared he wanted to go hug that chicken.

So much so that I narrowly averted a THROW-MELT-DOWN over the matter. The only way I got him through dinner was to promise that we would go by after dinner (a fundraising thing for WHS) so that he could hug the chicken. I sat him up there and he was pretty happy.


He is hilarious because he says things like, "He's so cute!" (about the chicken, the pig or even the dogs). And it sounds so great coming from him...

I also introduced him to The White Stripes yesterday in the car. He wanted to listen to bag pipes- which I didnt have. I did have a mix cd that included "Seven Nation Army" which is pretty awesome, because its a duo- a drummer and guitarist.


I totally killed it on the air drums, which Nico thought was AWESOME.

Speaking of music... is everyone here aware of how much I used to hate live versions of songs and covers? WITH A PASSION. I think it was mostly due to the fact that I listened to a lot of greatest hits growing up (esp Bruce Springsteen), so I thought anything DIFFERENT than the original version was CRAP. Well... it started when Dave got me the 1975-87 Live Bruce Tour album, and my mind was changed. I love covers of songs I already love... and the live versions... sometimes they get a little different, but most the time its cool. For example, my favorite version of Thunder Road is off of the Hammersmith Tour, back when Bruce was a BABY... seriously... its so chilled out- a totally different feel than the Thunder Road you yell at the top of your lungs with the windows down doing 85 on the interstate.



In any case, because I am the biggest nerd of all nerds, I have a twitter account, which I use to "follow" people and things I like... so that I dont have to wade through lots of crap on the internet to see things I like. I follow the Counting Crows and was intrigued when they announced that they were putting out an album of live versions of songs off "August and Everything After", which is one of my favorite albums. EVER. So I downloaded. It hasnt been disappointing. At all. Long story long, if you havent had the chance, you should check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment