Monday, September 12, 2011

A is for Aston Villa...

So, we had a pretty good weekend. 

We started with some errands on Friday night.  I scooped up Nico and went to Jo-Anns... I wanted to finish buying the 1st Annual Emme Maddox joint Birthday Box.  Someone is getting a pink camo bandana.  Just sayin... I also needed some supplies to work on the first of my handmade christmas gifts, as that season has started... that person's name rhymes with Micole... sssssshhhh dont tell her!!  She is going to LOVE it!!

After Jo-Anns, Nico and I got some grocerieis... with preseason starting up this week, we are trying to do a lot of crock-pot and make ahead meals.  Also, I bet you didnt know this, but the pepper plants I planted back in the summer are really putting out some awesome jalapenos.  In fact, at the grocery, I bought some habaneros to make some hot sauce as a Christmas gift for the Nicodys.  The reason that I mention it now, is that apparently the hot sauce tastes like burn... so I dont think it will be a gift.  Turns out hot sauce isnt just like setting kerosene on fire and putting it in a bottle... apparently its supposed to have a flavor other than burn.  Who knew?  In any case, I have opted out of the hot sauce as a gift item, which is unfortunate, because I am afraid to throw it away, that it might turn into some sort of natural disaster at the dump... kind of like what happend when Homer insisted on keeping a pig in the house in The Simpsons Movie... meh?

Saturday we took Nico swimming at the Y, which he loved (obviously).  I then went to a soccer/booster club meeting, to get our ducks in a row for the season, which starts tonight.  All I have to say is this:  THERE WILL BE PUKE! 

I am making the girls do a cooper test run (which is 1.3 miles in 12 min, which is a brisk pace.  Plus circuits, indian runs and plyos.  Gonna be awesome.  The season should go well- we graduated only 4 seniors this year... but now we have the culmination forces resulting in an epic decision.... we have several girls who are seniors who have been on JV, and we gotta figure out what to do with them this year.  Plus we have something like 2349057923487 seniors on varsity... so we have to balance how to get some younger players some experience while still ensuring that we get the outcomes we want. 

Sunday I finished up a paper and got two applications sent off (University of Buffalo and La Salle Univeristy).  Fingers crossed.

Nico is talking up a storm lately... Dave has been teaching him the letters that stand for soccer clubs in Europe- which is adorable.  Like A is for Aston Villa and Aberdeen.  Hope to get him on camera doing it this week.  Very cute. 

More tomorrow.

1 comment: