Monday, August 15, 2011

Twinkle little star...

We had a really great, fun weekend around here.  As promised, Nico singing "Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star."


Granny You left on Saturday morning and Geema and Geepa (Royse) came up yesterday.  The house is clean.  Good times, you know it. :)  I was supposed to get out of my boot today, but my doctor had to reschedule my appointment for Thursday.  I thought about taking myself out of the boot and going into the ankle brace and explaining, "Its okay, I am a doctor."  But I am pretty sure if I fell down Dave would laugh at me.  And call me a jackass. 

I put Nico's bike together on Saturday while watching Ferris Bueller's Day Off.  For some reason, Ferris reminds me of my brother.  A lot. 

Here is a picture of Nico on his sweet bike:

I went clothes/shoes shopping on Sunday.  When I go to ASA later this week, I am set up for 7 (potentially 10)  interviews with faculty at schools I am applying to.  So my usual mode of operation for conferences (of taking one nice-ish outfit and a bunch of work clothes) isnt going to exacly cut it, since my work clothes are kinda crappy.  I bought 4 pairs of shoes.  4 pairs of shoes.  There is a payless close to my neighborhood and I went it, just to see if they had anything in my size (they dont usually).  One thing led to another and I ended up with three pairs of ballet flats and one pair of boatish shoes.  Yay.  Very excited about that. 


No comments:

Post a Comment