Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Really adorable...

One of my favorite things that Nico is doing now is using "that" and "those" in front of things and people.  For example, he will ask, "Where is that puppy?" (referring to his big puppy) or "Where is that orangutan?" (referring to his stuffed orangutan).  This morning I was getting ready for work when I heard him ask, "Where is that Mama?"

The first day back at school was good.  Nico was awesome, apparently, although he has this thing with bugs... he wigs out when bugs are around him.  Those big beetly roach things that sometimes sneak inside, bees, gnats, misquitos.  He does not handle them well.  At all.  Nico's new teacher Sue (we call her Sue-Sue) said that she was stunned by how talkative he is... talking in whole sentences, trying to describe things that had happened to him over break.  Not just just little sentences like, "Nico dont want it."  But more like, "I want to leave this shirt off.  I dont want it on!"  Yeah... and he is still a Bossy McBoss. 

Last night was REALLY awesome.  Nico and I went to the gym after work and he got to go in the kids room, which he seems to really like.  When we got home I had already made dinner, so we were just waiting for it to heat in the oven.  He and Dave had a jam session on "the drums" a series of buckets, trash cans and such.  It was really cute.  Hope to post some pics and videos of it later. 

All for now.  BTW, today is a great day.  I am listening to a live version of the Counting Crows' "August and Everything After".  The original is one of my favorite albums of ALL time.  The live version is cool. 

No comments:

Post a Comment