Monday, July 18, 2011

The rain is getting Nico.

We had a pretty fun weekend around the Bishop-Royse house.  Saturday morning Dave went to practice and Nico and I went to Cracker Barrel for some morning noms.  We got some blueberry pancakes that were to Nico's liking.  After that, we headed to the library, where we got a whole gang of new books.  Nico had a good time rocking in the rocking chairs.  Then we headed to the grocery.  It was raining when we came home and Nico said while helping me bring the groceries in ("the rain is getting Nico!".  Seriously?  How adorable?

After nap on Saturday afternoon, Dave and I attempted to move and convert Nico's crib.  See, we're having grammas and grampas coming up next month, to hang with little homey during his extended vacay from school.  So we figured we would move Nico into our room (officially- he's been sleeping in our bed since my surgery).  This required taking apart the crib, which we came to find out really was a piece of chinese crap (really, I am not being stereotypical here) because it didnt have the stuff to convert to a toddler bed.  So that was definitely a toddler bed fail.  We ended up buying a new one (on ebay), which should suffice.  Its not a car bed or anything... so its entirely possible that we wont ever get him to sleep in it. 

Sunday was cool- because I went into campus early to work on job market stuff.  Dave and Nico went to get some breakfast and then headed to Lake Ella, where Nico chased some ducks.  A baby duck chased Nico and then Nico chased him back and they got in staring contest.  Dave got some hilarious video, so hopefully we can post that soon. 

Sunday afternoon, we watched the finals of the womens world cup... which was disappointing.  It kinda bummed me out... but what are you going to do?  Japan put away their chances when they had them, and did the one thing they HAD to do... hit their PKs, which could not be said of the US.  I shrug. 

Today has been sorta low key so far- I am giving a brief presentation for our joint CDC site visit today.  So I had to turn my swag on.  I also went to the gym for the first time in 2 months today.  Very happy about that.  All for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment