Tuesday, July 26, 2011

FUNS...

Wow!! We have had a super fun last couple of days. We ordered a new bed for Nico last week, since his crib didnt actually convert to a toddler bed. So we ordered a new one online and it arrived on Friday. I put it together on Friday night with the hope of getting Nico to sleep in it.

Saturday we got started early, with grocery shopping. I am trying really hard to plan meals and stick to a budget. Plus, having not cooked much in the last couple of months, I am on a bit of a tear in the kitchen.

After we ran the groceries home, Nico and I went to the gym. He went in the kids playroom and I lifted weights. After, I grabbed Nico and we went for a dip in the pool. He really liked it. It was good for me, because I could work on rehabing my ankle. It was a little annoying because he kept wanting to get out and get back in. And walk around.

Sunday, I went to campus early and submitted the last of the first four applications I had been working on. Most of these were due early. Now I can relax for a minute and work hard to finish this paper so I can get it out before ASAs next month. In the morning, Dave and Nico went swimming at Wade Wehunt (in Myers Park). In the afternoon Dave went to the gym. On his way home he stopped in Borders to check out their going out of business sale. He ended up with some books for Nico. Which is pretty great, since he is in a real reading phase now. We did some cleans on Sunday night.

When Dave was giving Nico a bath on Sunday night, he noticed a bit of a rash on his legs. After Emme and Maddox's bout with MRSA and Hand, Foot and Mouth going around Nico's school, we didnt want to take any chances, so I took Monday off and took him to the doctor. Turns out that you can get a viral infection and have it appear as a rash. Not usually infectious or much of a problem. The doctor dismissed Nico as fine and we went home for a nap.

Since we have had the new Nico bed, he has been very good about sleeping in it. In fact, Saturday night was the first time (EVER) that he went to sleep without me rocking or holding him and in his own bed- which is quite an accomplishment. Now, he doesnt always stay in his bed... sometimes he waks up crying in the middle of the night. But sometimes he sleeps through. We have his bed in our bedroom right now (because we are in the process of converting his room to a guest room till the end of August) cause the grandparents are coming up.

Anyhoo, yesterday afternoon, Nico and I went to he gym again and swimming. This time, I tied one of those styrofoam noodles around his waist- which is GENIUS. He had a total blast- his legs were kicking in the water, the entire time. Its great because it gives him the chance to not have to be on me, holding him. So he tooled around the pool for about an hour last night. Suffice to say, he was worn out when we got home. He was asleep in about five minutes. By my count, Nico went swimming three times in three days. It was pretty great.




We're also working on getting his pool from Granny You set up... we lost the cap for the pool nodule thing- so it wont stay pumped up. Have ordered a new cap... so we cant put it up until it gets here.

Hope you all had a great one!

1 comment:

  1. You know, Geeko's got swimming in his blood. And I'm not talking about my professional career in sync swimming. his great granpa drake swam at U of M and held several state of michigan records. And yet he went on to play football. If he's going to be a swimmer, then Florida is a great place to be. However, if you ever get to Texas, water polo is pretty huge. love.

    ReplyDelete