Friday, December 17, 2010

Top 5: Christmas Movies

So, I was thinking about it and I realized that I havent done my share of watching Christmas movies thus far, this holiday season.  Without much ado, this is what I think are the best 5:

1).  Love Actually. 
Billy Mack: Hey Kids, it's Uncle Billy with a public service announcment.  Don't buy drugs... become a pop star and they will give them to you for free!

There are lots of things that make this movie great, including "Uncle Billy" (above).  I love the fact that there are so many recognizeable actors and actresses.  Including Bill Nye (above), there is also Hugh Grant, Alan Rickman, Emma Thompson, Colin Firth, and Laura Linney.  It is pretty great. 

2).  Bridget Jones. 
Bridget: "Thank you, Daniel, that is very good to know. But if staying here means working within 10 yards of you, frankly, I'd rather have a job wiping Saddam Hussein's arse."


I know its more about crazytown Bridget Jones than it is about the actual holidays... but this is my list, so bugger off!!

3).  Lethal Weapon.
Murtaugh: You're not trying to draw a psycho pension! You really are crazy! 

I know... the quintissential holiday movie.  Who can forget Mel Gibson's hair?  Granted, its not really a christmas movie in the sense of "Christmas Movies", but does include lots of references to Christmas movies. 

4).  National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation. 
Cousin Eddie:  So are you surpised to see us?
Clark:  Eddie, if I woke up with my head sewn to the floor, I wouldn't be more surprised. 


There are many great things about this movie- including Cousin Eddie (he is wearing a black dickey with a white sweater- how classic is that?).  Plus the scene at the end when he confronts his boss...not to mention a spot-on Julia Louise Dreyfuss.  Clark, is Rusty still in the Navy?

5).  Scrooged. 
Frank Cross: Do you think I'm way off base here?

Elliot: Yes. You're, well, you're a tad off base, sir. That thing looked like The Manson Family Christmas Special!



You can have your Miracle on 34th Street, your "every time a bell rings" nonsense.  Classic. 

Have a great weekend!!

1 comment: