Monday, December 27, 2010

Christmas WIN!!

So let me start by saying, I am sorry... I suck at life.  I have been absent of late... because I got a lot going on.  I am working towards something new...not really ready for the big reveal, but its going to be awesome!!  It's no excuse, its just the way it is. 

Sooo... Dave's parents were in town last week.  They stayed at the house with Nico during the week, which was great- definitely put me at ease, plus it was nice to not have to fork over the baby sitter money :) 
So we did the Christmas thing last week!  I am telling you, this is really the best way to do Christmas... one week, one grandma comes up, showers with affection and gifts (Nico got to open his Christmas present early, a little scooter/bike thing).  Next week, other grandma and grandpa come up, showers with affection and gifts (Nico got to open Christmas presents early- which included a judogi.).  Seriously, how cute:
Can't you just eat him up?

I think Nico had a good time tearing things up and running around in general.  We made the Rollins' corn chowder on Wednesday night and little cheesecakes (in wide mouthed mason jars).  Nico got to help... which was probably a bad idea, since now he expects to be able to help in the kitchen all the time... which normally isnt too bad (when you're peeling carrots or potatoes).  It can be a problem when you are trying to get the turkey out of the oven. 

Speaking of cooking... we started a new Bishop-Royse family tradition: gumbo on Christmas Eve.  I know... Awesome, right?  I made Paula Deen's.  It was pretty good.  Combined with the leftovers we had during the week, we didnt actually cook on Christmas Day.  We had leftovers and whatnot out of the fridge... and ended up cooking turkey, dressing, mashed potatoes and gravy last night. 

I had a major problem with my phone on the evening of 12/23.  I was told that in order to get two new apps I wanted for my phone I needed to update the operating system.  When I tried to do this my phone crashed.  And while I did back it up before the update, I lost everything when I was told to remove and reinstall itunes.... over 1,000 pictures and 800 videos of Nico... gone off the phone.  Luckily, I had synced it all up a couple of months ago... and I have posted most of the best pictures and videos here... so I guess its not all lost. 

Also had an epiphane this week... no more furniture or toys that need to be assembled.  Period.  What a PITA.  Spent most of the day on Saturday putting together Nico's play kitchen- which is pretty adorable... also assembled an easel from the Nicody Bains- which is pretty cool.  Nico has had a good time drawing all over it in markerboard marker. 

Okay, all for now.  Hope your break was awesome!!

No comments:

Post a Comment