Thursday, December 2, 2010

I'm on a boat!!

Well hello there!!

It's been a while.  Things have been crazy.  Thanksgiving was awesome but crazy.  Dave's parents had a huge feast for us when we got to town on Thursday.  Turkey, ham, mashed potatoes, the works. Mmmmm... no cranberry sauce (like his mom made last time).  Which was pretty much the only reason why I went... mmmmm.... cranberry sauce.  Apparently Dave's Aunt Rosie likes the cranberry jelly better... which is okay... all I am saying is that Dave's Mom is on notice:  Its okay to have the cranberry jelly, as long as there is the fabulous cranberry sauce, too!!  Did I just demand cranberry sauce at future Thanksgivings?  Why, yes!  I believe I just did!! 

So we hung out with Dave's family for a little on Friday  before leaving for the cruise.  Until I actually got on the cruise ship, I really had no respect for the size of a cruise ship.  We traveled on the Majesty of the Seas, which was about the length of the Titanic (880+ feet), which I would like to point out is the length of almost three standard high school football fields.  The Titanic and the Majesty carried roughly the same # of passengers (2600) but the Majesty's tonnage was almost twice that of the Titanic (76,000 tons versus 43,000). 

I wish I had taken more pictures of the actual ship... it was pretty much ridiculous- at least two hot tubs, two pools (I say at least, becuase I think that there were probably pools and hot tubs for higher class passengers, away from the commoners).  There were several dining rooms, elevators, a rock wall, etc.  MASSIVE.  Since this was our first rodeo, we got the lowest class room, an interior stateroom that was tiny.  I think that future ventures might require a larger room with a window or a balcony. 

The only really crappy thing about the cruise (in my opinion) was the childcare and pool situation.  We chose Royal Carribean because we were under the impression (from their website) that they had free childcare for children 6 months and up.  Yeah, not so much.  They had baby sitters who would come to your room and watch your kids, but that was the problem, there wasnt anything for Nico to do in our room (except play with toliet paper in the bathroom and the life jackets in the closet).  So that was annoying, and they wouldnt let kids with diapers in the pool (not even swim diapers).  So, there was basically nothing for Nico to do...

It is Dave's mission to visit all the islands in the Caribbean- so future cruises might be an option for us- but probably not until Nico is a little older- at least old enough to do some swims.  Speaking of the little guy:



This was on our way home from Miami on Monday.  I don't know where he got this behavior, but it is pretty funny!!

We had a game on Tuesday night, at home.  It threatened to rain all day, but we managed to get the game going.  Then, with about 5 minutes left to go in the game, this huge massive wind blew in... where the temperature had been somewhat pleasant (so much so I could take my jacket off), this wind came in and the temperature dropped 20 degrees in an instant.  Then it started to rain :(  So the last five minutes of the game was crap... but we still won 5-0.  Which puts us at 7-2-1.  We have Leon again tonight- the girls are pretty pumped.  I think if you talked to them, you might find that they expected to win our last game pretty handily and are thus a little frustrated that we tied.  Of course, that would be funny, because we beat them when we played at our place two years ago.  When we played them at their place last year we lost 4-0 (and played badly), but redeemed ourselves somewhat by losing only 1-0 at our place last year.  So history has shown that we play better against Leon at our place then we do on the road... I dont know what this means, becuase I think we played pretty damn well against them the first game earlier this season. 

In any case, it should be interesting.  One of our girls' dads has a barn heater, which apparently is pure awesomeness.  She is working on bringing it to the game tonight, which is even awesomer because some of the Leon girls were making fun of us for being country last game.  The temps to night are supposed to be pretty cold.  How'd you like them apples?  I guess sometimes it's okay to be country!!

No comments:

Post a Comment