Monday, October 18, 2010

strange taste

So we had a great weekend here.  In addition to it being Boss's Day, it was also my birthday on Saturday.  Whooo to the hoooo!!  We had practice on Saturday during which one of our captains brough cupcakes.  Nico proceeded to be a BEAST and flip all the cupcakes over in their box.  Saturday night Dave and I went out for a, wait for it, Date Night.  Milka-what?  Yeah.  When I was checking out movie times, he suggested Inception (the one with Leonardo DiCaprio).  Given that our first choice (Conviction) wasnt showing in Tallahassee yet, we settled on Inception (despite the fact that it was playing at the dollar theatre (which is actually the three dollar and fifty cent theatre)).  It was really good.  I am trying not to be anti for the sake of being anti these days... everyone else in the world has been OMG it is the best.movie.ever.  I mean-sometimes the bandwagon doesnt aways know what is best (lest we forget the Lord of the Rings affair).  Afterward we went to Clusters and Hops- a higher end bar/resturant in Tally.  Its beer selection is amazing.  In fact, I had a german pilsener that was spot-on for the Berliner Kindl we had in Germany in 2006.  In fact, the bar dude said they could probably get the Kindl here.  I am very excited about this prospect- however I am not holding my breath.  About once every 6 months I spend 3-4 hours looking across the interwebs looking for a way of ordering it.  I actually had a chance to have some Berliner Hefiewiezen (sp?) in DC a couple of years ago, but that is the closest I have come thus far.  So we will see.

Dave and Nico got me tickets to see David Sedaris and Ira Glass as part of 7 days of opening nights.  David Sedaris is the first author I have ever live- and his shows are hilarious.  Here he is on This American Life. 



I usually end up laughing so much my face hurts.  In any case, it will be awesome!

Sunday morning I played soccer.  It was not pretty.  I got shelled and gave up a bunch of goals.  I am sore :(

When Dave played soccer yesterday afternoon, Nico and I went to get some frozen yogurt and some groceries.  Tallahassee has had this spate of recent frozen yogurt stores opening.  Its self-serve: with all the toppings... Nico and I usually get some vanilla or strawberry topped with white chocolate chips, strawberries, blueberries and rasberries.   Its pretty awesome.   I try to do that with him once a week.  Afterwards, we went to get some groceries.  Groceries have gotten to be a full-on out of control production.  Not so much the groceries part, because that isn't TOO bad.  But putting away?  Out of control. Nico has started to help, but his helping usually isnt very helpful (even though he is adorable).  Yesterday he was tryig to carry this bag down to the kitchen and tripped on it.  He landed on the carton of tomatoes causing the box to open and tomatoes to run amok in the grocery bag.  He found it pretty amusing:



Speaking of food.  He has the most unusal taste in food.  Seriously.  I got some brussel sprouts last night to steam and toss with prosciuotto, butter and garlic.  Guess what little homey likes?  Prosciutto.  Dave doesnt even like prosciuotto.  He also likes sweet plaintains, tamales, black beans and rice, and grapefruit.  Grapefruit.  And tuna (canned).  But he doesnt like tomatoes.  Strange...

No comments:

Post a Comment