Thursday, October 28, 2010

Invalid...

Good morning kiddos!!

Not much going around here.  Things are crazy.  I was in an evaluation workshop MTW of this week.  Usually, it would be snooze fest central, but it was actually kind of cool. 

Feel like I am trying to juggle a million things at once.  Its cool, because it feels like the weeks go by pretty fast.  Just think, a week from today, we open against Chiles.  Yeah... its going to be craxy.  I think we are going to be pretty good this year.  I say this every year.  But this team feels kind of different.  Its hard to explain.  In the past, we'd be playing well in practice, but it always felt like we were a tiny bit out of control- one mistimed tackle away from getting spread too-thinned and too stretched out, that how well we were playing was a result of us pinwheeling out of control.  This team, while they definitely play with a lot of pace, it never feels truly out of control... lots of speed up front.  And my goalkeeper seems to be learning at an exponential pace.  Which is funny because there are times when we are doing something in practice and it feels like she might not be listening... the next day, she will be telling the JV keeper how things are.  I love it.  I am really looking forward to the season. 

I also got Nico's Halloween costume yesterday.  Dont judge me... Yes, I know, Dr. DIY actually bought a store costume for her precious.  I know... its just, I have a hard time coming up with costume ideas for myself and Dave, let alone Nico... and its never simple.  It always involves working with crazy materials, like fake fur.  In any case, I bought Nico the elephant costume from Target. Which is actually pretty great, since a couple of the other moms whose bambinos are about Nico's age got ther animals (Monkey, Giraffe).  So they will be their own little zoo.  I can only hope its 95 degres out, because that would complete the ensemble- cranky, sweaty Super-Beasts!!

I myself, am going as a ninja this year.  This is the first job that I have had where I will dressup. In order to do so, I am donating money to our charitable campaign.  So that its cool... even cooler is getting to wear pajama bottoms and a tshirt to work, with a sword.  Which leads me to the other thing I am going to do: state, "I have a sword.  Your argument is invalid" as I brandish said sword.  SWEET.  Aint nothing like going to see HR when you're dressed as a ninja.

No comments:

Post a Comment